We are recruiting new members and thought we should tell you ten great reasons you should come along to our Open Evening on 28th September at The Kenilworth (Rose Street):
- Rotaract is a great way to meet people whether you’re new to the city or been here for years! We regularly meet up outside of our club meetings for drinks/BBQs/random adventures too.
Monday’s have to be the worst day of the week, there are five full days of work ahead of you before the next weekend. So an excuse to go to the pub on a Monday is always useful… luckily we meet in a pub (The Kenilworth) on a Monday!
- You get to hear from awesome charities that support people locally, nationally and internationally. Last year we heard from Paradventures, The Bethany Christian Trust and The Halo Trust to name a few.
- Once a month we meet up for a social, from laser quest to Edinburgh Zoo Nights to a Brewery Tour – we’ve tried out quite a few different activities! Suggestions are always welcome…
- We’ve tried our hands at some random sports including curling, ice skating and dragon boating.
- We’ve had the opportunity to get involved in some pretty awesome projects, including abseiling off the Forth Rail Bridge, having a sleep out at Mary King’s Close and walking the Kilt Walk in Speyside (and stopping off for a whiskey tour on route!).
- We’re involved in an international food project called Food for Foundation that means we get to try out some tasty (and some not so tasty!) food from across the world. Highlights include Guinness Cake (with way too many calories to consider counting) and a Sri Lankan curry. In line with the Great British Bake Off final we will be having a special bake off themed event!
- You get to travel! From the District Conference in Aviemore to challenges and events that we help out at across Scotland, there are opportunities to see places you haven’t been to before. There are also international opportunities to travel including the Rotaract Overseas Project and Rotary International Conventions.
In the last year we’ve helped raise over £1000 for a range of Scottish children’s charities and collectively volunteered over 240 hours to help charities at different events. We are looking forward to doing it all again this coming year! We have some great charities lined up to come and speak to us already, including the Philippine Community Fund Capability Scotland and Street Heat.
- We know onesies may be very 2013, but you can’t deny their warmth and comfort and blatant style! Luckily for you each Christmas we dress up in ridiculous Christmas themed onesies to raise money for CHAS…now you don’t have to feel silly in your onesie alone…
If you’d like to come and find out what Edinburgh Rotaract is all about come along to our Open Evening on the 29th September at the Kenilworth on Rose Street at 7pm. It will be great chance to meet us, find out what we are about and have that Monday night drink! If you can’t make it but still want to know more, don’t worry, just email.